Martina was first introduced to meditation in 2003 to relax and release muscle tension and pain. Wanting to increase flexibility and improve muscle tone Martina turned to Yoga. A gentle non-evasive way to manage and control her ongoing chronic back problem. A compassionate and caring person by nature, sharing the gift of Yoga became a natural part of her journey. Martina received her 200-hour Hatha RYT Certification in 2014, and is operating Y Knot Yoga. A mobile yoga studio located in the Historic Fort Town of Prescott Ontario. Martina is currently teaching regular scheduled classes at The Prescott Health Centre.
Understanding the misconceptions behind it, Martina wants to change your perception of Yoga. Whether a beginner or advanced level student, Martina's classes will leave you feeling invigorated, refreshed and relaxed. Martina is a knowledgeable, inspiring and motivating teacher that invites students to explore their body with breath. To tap into that breathe and find comfort in Yoga. Her sunny disposition and gentle guidance encourages you to explore the Art of Yoga with an open mind, helping you to escape for a brief moment and settle into the practice with a peaceful heart. Wherever you are in your Yoga practice, Martina invites you to challenge yourself at your own level, empowering and inspiring you to find peace and comfort with every breath.
You may not think you have time for Yoga, but Yoga gives you time.
- Certified Hatha Yoga Teacher (RYT 200 hours)
- Restorative / TherapeuticYoga Teacher Certification (30hrs)
- Certified Pre-Kay Yoga Teacher (Kidding Around Yoga - 30hrs)
- Reiki Level I & II
- Yoga and Mindfullness with Urban Youth (25hrs.) w/ The Holistic Life Foundation
- Energy Awaken Program w/ Andrew Bray (a new energetic modality. It facilitates a deeper, wider grounding to allow more energy to flow, providing greater capacity connection)
- Vishna Workshop (deeper understanding of breath work)